Boca Raton Alimony Lawyer
We Help Clients With Alimony Cases in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, and Throughout South Florida
At Williams & Varsegi, LLC, our Boca Raton alimony lawyers are skilled, experienced, and solutions-forward advocates for clients. With a comprehensive understanding of our state’s alimony laws—including the 2023 legislative reforms—we are driven to protect the legal rights and financial interests of our clients. For a fully confidential, no obligation consultation with a top-tier Florida spouse support lawyer, please do not hesitate to contact us at our Boca Raton office today.
What is Alimony?
Alimony (spousal support/spousal maintenance) is financial support paid by one ex-spouse to another after divorce. It is intended to provide financial stability to the lower-earning or non-earning spouse. The amount and duration—and whether alimony will be granted at all—depends on a number of different case-specific factors. In Florida, there are four different types of spousal support:
- Temporary alimony;
- Bridge-the-gap alimony;
- Rehabilitative alimony; and
- Durational alimony.
We Handle All Types of Alimony Cases in South Florida
Williams & Varsegi is a full-service family firm devoted to providing the highest level of representation in divorce cases. We help clients with all of their family law issues, including alimony. Along with other types of alimony matters, our Florida lawyers have experience with:
- Representation for Obligee (Recipient Spouse): We provide dedicated legal representation for the spouse entitled to receive alimony. Our family law team works tirelessly to secure fair and adequate financial support for clients.
- Representation for Obilgor (Paying Spouse): For the spouse responsible for paying alimony, we offer skilled legal guidance to ensure that the alimony payments are fair and reasonable. We understand the financial implications and strive to protect your interests.
- Alimony Modifications: Do you have questions about the modification of alimony? We are here to help you understand your rights and your options.
Florida’s Alimony Laws Were Comprehensively Reformed in 2023
On July 1st, 2023, Senate Bill 1416 took effect in Florida. The legislation dramatically reformed our state’s alimony laws. We have an in-depth understanding of how the new reforms impact the rights, responsibilities, and financial interests of our clients. Here are some essential points to understand about our state’s reformed alimony laws:
- Permanent alimony is no longer an available option in Florida;
- Durational alimony is the longest form term of alimony—and its maximum duration is restricted based on the length of marriage; and
- Florida’s alimony law now allows courts to consider adultery—by either spouse.
Why Rely On Williams & Varsegi for Help With Your Spousal Support Case
Alimony cases are notoriously complex. Whether you think you may be entitled to alimony or you are concerned about being required to pay support, the right attorney can help. At Williams & Varsegi, LLC, we take a detail-oriented, narrowly-tailored approach focused on solving problems for clients. Among other things, our Florida family lawyers are prepared to:
- Hear your story and answer your alimony questions;
- Investigate the matter—gathering/preparing financial records;
- Represent you in any settlement negotiations; and
- Provide truly comprehensive divorce representation.
Contact Our Boca Raton Spousal Support Attorney Today
At Williams & Varsegi, LLC, our Florida family lawyer has extensive experience handling alimony cases. If you have any questions or concerns about your rights, we are here to help. Call us now or contact us online for a strictly confidential case evaluation. With a law office in Boca Raton, we handle alimony cases in Palm Beach County and throughout all of Southeast Florida.